Home / Community (page 10)

Community

Look good and feel good with every SHS Student Store purchase at Mavericks Screen Printing

By Berenice Vargas Wearing the latest Apache gear and supporting Sanger High School (SHS) students just got easier. By visiting Mavericks Screen Printing’s new store front, SHS Student Store inside the SHS office, or one of the Mavericks mobile units, ...

Read More »

RISE Church, elevating people to a new way of life

By Berenice Vargas Tito Villegas, Sanger resident and local pastor of a new place to worship, RISE Church, is hoping to find a new home in Sanger. “It wasn’t until last year when my wife and I realized that our ...

Read More »

Sanger Chamber Inaugural Fruit Trail Bus, showcasing county Ag industry in a fun way

By Cheryl Senn The Sanger District Chamber of Commerce (SDCC) Inaugural Fruit Trail Bus had 28 passengers who wanted to experience some of what the Fresno County Fruit Trail has to offer. “There is a lot of reasons why the ...

Read More »

He’s not only my Son, He’s my Hero

By Berenice Vargas On January 8, 2017, Alec Salinas saved his mother’s life, Clara Salinas, after being involved in a car crash heading North on McCall at the intersection of Butler. “I didn’t really notice it, but out of the ...

Read More »

Sanger residents shared input for Regional Transportation Plan at recent community workshop

By Berenice Vargas The future of the region’s transportation was discussed at the recent Sanger/ Tombstone Community Workshop presented by Fresno Council of Governments (COG), at the Jefferson Elementary multi-purpose room,  where they talked about the regional transportation plan for ...

Read More »

“Bye Bye Birdie,” brings music and laughter to Sanger for the next two weeks

By Cheryl Senn The Blossom Trail Players (BTP) will have you laughing this summer with their summer stage musical play production of “Bye Bye Birdie.” The play is set in the late 50’s in Sweet Apple Ohio, with rock star ...

Read More »

Sanger Pool Slide, re-opens with a cooler, faster, smooth ride

By Cheryl Senn The City of Sanger held a Grand Re-Opening Ceremony, and Ribbon Cutting, for the Sanger Pool Slide, also known as the Apache Slide, on Tuesday. Sanger Management Analyst Daniel Galvez welcomed guests. “This pool saves lives,” said ...

Read More »

Initiative Foods, excited about producing baby food, again, in Sanger

By Cheryl Senn The process of rebuilding baby food processing lines, is being described, as a phoenix rising from the ashes. In a matter of five weeks, an empty warehouse, of 22,500 sq.ft. was turned into a Phase I Food ...

Read More »

Meet new Sanger firefighter/paramedic, Mark Pisching, first in his family to join the fire service

By Cheryl Senn Sanger’s newest Firefighter/Paramedic (FF/PM), Mark Pisching, is the first in his family to join the fire service. According to Sanger Fire Chief Greg Tarascou, new firefighter/paramedic Mark Pisching, will spend his first year, with the department, fine ...

Read More »

Sanger Woman’s Club “Garden ParTea,” combined beautiful decor, great conversation, and delicious food, to benefit charitable giving

By Cheryl Senn The Sanger Woman’s Club Clubhouse was filled with 15 elegantly decorated tables, awaiting the more than 100 lunch guests that would be seated around the individually themed tables, during the recent Garden ParTea luncheon fundraiser. As guest arrived, ...

Read More »