Home / Community (page 20)

Community

Fourteen PG&E Interns will be placed throughout Sanger this summer

By Cheryl Senn Last week, fourteen Sanger High students were granted a PG&E intern position throughout the City of Sanger, after applying through the Sanger Boys & Girls Club. More than 20 students interviewed  for the Sanger intern spots, according ...

Read More »

Additions and promotions at Sanger Fire, to better serve the community

By Cheryl Senn Sanger Fire Chief Greg Tarascou assured all those present, at the recent Sanger Fire Pinning and Promotion Ceremony, the best candidates in the valley were found for Sanger Fire. Firefighters Adam Melikian and Nicholas Ramos were added ...

Read More »

More than 5,400 pounds of food donated to HOPE Sanger

By Cheryl Senn With the Sanger letter carriers and the HOPE Sanger ‘Heartworkers” working together, 5,400 pounds of food was collected, this past Saturday, during the National Association of Letter Carriers Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive. “I am thankful for ...

Read More »

New firefighters, Ramos and Melikian, like the family feel of Sanger

By Cheryl Senn The small-town feel, of Sanger, is what attracted the newest Sanger firefighter/paramedics, Nicholas Ramos and Adam Melikian, to the Sanger Fire Department. Ramos attended San Benito High School and is from Hollister. He is 24 years old ...

Read More »

Rotary Speaker, Nina Acosta, paving the way for women in law enforcement

By Cheryl Senn “I had been dealing with resistance from my male counterparts throughout my career,” said Nina Acosta, the guest speaker at the April 24 Sanger Rotary Lunch, when she was explaining her challenges in making the Los Angeles ...

Read More »

Sanger Celebrates Earth Day by Stepping Into The Future With Conservation

By Cheryl Senn The City of Sanger celebrated Earth Day by hosting a ribbon cutting ceremony to showcase the Solar Array Project at the City’s Wastewater Treatment Facility and marking the completion of a comprehensive energy savings retrofit project. The ...

Read More »

Orchestrated City Effort Clears Sewer System Blockage

By Cheryl Senn This past Saturday, water began leaking from manholes in the area of Reagan and Spencer Ave. According to the Sanger City Manager, Brian Haddix, there was a blockage of the main trunkline under Bethel Ave. The problem ...

Read More »

Local author, Nina Perez-Reed, shares “Out Of The Shadows” at Sanger Library

By Cheryl Senn   The Sanger Library was the location for the recent book reading and signing for local author Nina Perez-Reed and her book,”Out Of The Shadows.” “Writing became a healing experience for me,” said Perez-Reed, to the gathering ...

Read More »

Sanger’s 2015 Mr. & Mrs. Farmer of the Year, Tom & Betty Benzler

By Cheryl Senn Congratulations to Tom and Betty Benzler on being named Sanger’s 2015 Mr. & Mrs. Farmer of the Year. They will be honored at the upcoming 91st Annual Awards Banquet, taking place on Friday, April 17, at the ...

Read More »

Free Car Seat Checkpoint keeping children safe in your car

By Cheryl Senn The best way to protect your child, in a car, is to make sure they are in the right seat at the right time, and the seat is being used the right way, according to the informational ...

Read More »