Recent News:
Search

Community

Drivers will experience noticeable improvements after 8th & “P” St reconstruction

By Cheryl Senn By the end of October, Sanger’s “P” Street will be looking and functioning a lot better, according to Sanger City Engineer Josh Rogers. The construction work on “P” Street is scheduled to last for 65 days and should be completed by November 13th. “However, the road is…...

This content is for Monthly Subscriber and Annual Subscriber members only.
Read More »

New SUMC Pastor Neal Harris, looking forward to meeting people and learning about Sanger

By Cheryl Senn On July 2nd there was a new pastor, Pastor Neal Harris, preaching to the Sanger United Methodist Church (SUMC) congregation. “The bishop pointed me here to Sanger,” said Harris, who’s first full Sunday Service was on July 2nd. Harris said his style is to preach biblical sermons…...

Read More »

New United Health Center facility preparing to meet the comprehensive medical needs of Sanger

By Cheryl Senn Meeting the medical needs of Sanger residents will be a lot easier when the doors open to the new United Health Centers (UHC) facility, on 7th Street, later this fall. According to David Phillips, United Health Centers Community and Staff Development Officer, the new facility will be…...

Read More »

Religious themed cupcakes take the top prize at inaugural St. Mary’s Cupcake Wars

By Gabrielle Rivas It was truly a sweet victory for Valeria Covarrubias, who won first place, in the inaugural St. Mary’s Summer Festival Cupcake Wars competition, this past weekend. Two people participated in St. Mary’s Cupcake Wars at their annual summer festival on Saturday. The contest was open to all…...

Read More »

Create a Cottage-Style Garden to support your local bees: Tips For Getting Started

By Christy Erickson Personal gardens are a great way to help local bee species that are struggling to survive. These insects are essential to our environment, as they help flowers bloom and are vital in the growth of many of our most popular food crops. However, they are facing numerous…...

Read More »

Look good and feel good with every SHS Student Store purchase at Mavericks Screen Printing

By Berenice Vargas Wearing the latest Apache gear and supporting Sanger High School (SHS) students just got easier. By visiting Mavericks Screen Printing’s new store front, SHS Student Store inside the SHS office, or one of the Mavericks mobile units, you can purchase trending Apache gear while donating a percentage…...

Read More »

RISE Church, elevating people to a new way of life

By Berenice Vargas Tito Villegas, Sanger resident and local pastor of a new place to worship, RISE Church, is hoping to find a new home in Sanger. “It wasn’t until last year when my wife and I realized that our area of service was in the town that we have…...

Read More »

Sanger Chamber Inaugural Fruit Trail Bus, showcasing county Ag industry in a fun way

By Cheryl Senn The Sanger District Chamber of Commerce (SDCC) Inaugural Fruit Trail Bus had 28 passengers who wanted to experience some of what the Fresno County Fruit Trail has to offer. “There is a lot of reasons why the fruit trail came around,” said SDCC CEO Tammy Wolfe,” There…...

Read More »

He’s not only my Son, He’s my Hero

By Berenice Vargas On January 8, 2017, Alec Salinas saved his mother’s life, Clara Salinas, after being involved in a car crash heading North on McCall at the intersection of Butler. “I didn’t really notice it, but out of the corner of my eye I saw two lights coming close,…...

Read More »

Sanger residents shared input for Regional Transportation Plan at recent community workshop

By Berenice Vargas The future of the region’s transportation was discussed at the recent Sanger/ Tombstone Community Workshop presented by Fresno Council of Governments (COG), at the Jefferson Elementary multi-purpose room,  where they talked about the regional transportation plan for the community of Sanger. The regional transportation plan is the…...

Read More »

Drivers will experience noticeable improvements after 8th & “P” St reconstruction

By Cheryl Senn By the end of October, Sanger’s “P” Street will be looking and functioning a lot better, according to Sanger City Engineer Josh Rogers. The construction work on “P” Street is scheduled to last for 65 days and should be completed by November 13th. “However, the road is…...

Read More »

New SUMC Pastor Neal Harris, looking forward to meeting people and learning about Sanger

By Cheryl Senn On July 2nd there was a new pastor, Pastor Neal Harris, preaching to the Sanger United Methodist Church (SUMC) congregation. “The bishop pointed me here to Sanger,” said Harris, who’s first full Sunday Service was on July 2nd. Harris said his style is to preach biblical sermons…...

Read More »

New United Health Center facility preparing to meet the comprehensive medical needs of Sanger

By Cheryl Senn Meeting the medical needs of Sanger residents will be a lot easier when the doors open to the new United Health Centers (UHC) facility, on 7th Street, later this fall. According to David Phillips, United Health Centers Community and Staff Development Officer, the new facility will be…...

Read More »

Religious themed cupcakes take the top prize at inaugural St. Mary’s Cupcake Wars

By Gabrielle Rivas It was truly a sweet victory for Valeria Covarrubias, who won first place, in the inaugural St. Mary’s Summer Festival Cupcake Wars competition, this past weekend. Two people participated in St. Mary’s Cupcake Wars at their annual summer festival on Saturday. The contest was open to all…...

Read More »

Create a Cottage-Style Garden to support your local bees: Tips For Getting Started

By Christy Erickson Personal gardens are a great way to help local bee species that are struggling to survive. These insects are essential to our environment, as they help flowers bloom and are vital in the growth of many of our most popular food crops. However, they are facing numerous…...

Read More »

Look good and feel good with every SHS Student Store purchase at Mavericks Screen Printing

By Berenice Vargas Wearing the latest Apache gear and supporting Sanger High School (SHS) students just got easier. By visiting Mavericks Screen Printing’s new store front, SHS Student Store inside the SHS office, or one of the Mavericks mobile units, you can purchase trending Apache gear while donating a percentage…...

Read More »

RISE Church, elevating people to a new way of life

By Berenice Vargas Tito Villegas, Sanger resident and local pastor of a new place to worship, RISE Church, is hoping to find a new home in Sanger. “It wasn’t until last year when my wife and I realized that our area of service was in the town that we have…...

Read More »

Sanger Chamber Inaugural Fruit Trail Bus, showcasing county Ag industry in a fun way

By Cheryl Senn The Sanger District Chamber of Commerce (SDCC) Inaugural Fruit Trail Bus had 28 passengers who wanted to experience some of what the Fresno County Fruit Trail has to offer. “There is a lot of reasons why the fruit trail came around,” said SDCC CEO Tammy Wolfe,” There…...

Read More »

He’s not only my Son, He’s my Hero

By Berenice Vargas On January 8, 2017, Alec Salinas saved his mother’s life, Clara Salinas, after being involved in a car crash heading North on McCall at the intersection of Butler. “I didn’t really notice it, but out of the corner of my eye I saw two lights coming close,…...

Read More »

Sanger residents shared input for Regional Transportation Plan at recent community workshop

By Berenice Vargas The future of the region’s transportation was discussed at the recent Sanger/ Tombstone Community Workshop presented by Fresno Council of Governments (COG), at the Jefferson Elementary multi-purpose room,  where they talked about the regional transportation plan for the community of Sanger. The regional transportation plan is the…...

Read More »

Upcoming Events

Popular Articles